Monday, January 8, 2024

Doing a Great Demo! or Doing Discovery Book Club? Here’s an author offer!

 

I’d be happy to join a session with your team to answer questions or discuss examples. Please let me know if you are interested –  you can reach me at PCohan@GreatDemo.com. I can also offer suggestions regarding what has made book clubs particularly successful for other teams.


For example, I strongly recommend actually doing the exercises in the books! Why? Retention of ideas vs mode of consumption and practice reveals some very interesting results:


Reading: ~10% of what is consumed is retained

Seeing the idea(s) demonstrated: 30% retention

Discussing the idea(s): 50% retention

Putting idea(s) into practice: 75% retention (that’s by doing the exercises)

Teaching the idea(s) to someone else: 90% retention (best!)

No comments: