Webinar June 5: “Competitive Positioning in Your Software Demo”
Join me in a mini-masterclass as I joined Richard Smith (Refract.ai) and Brian Geery (SalesNV) for a lively discussion of dealing with competition in demos. We explored:
· How much can we differentiate our product before the demo even begins?
· How do we stop the demo from just becoming a feature/function battle?
· How should we talk about competitors during a demonstration? What is appropriate or not appropriate?
· How can we explain our competitive advantages in a manner that is persuasive, compelling and memorable?
· If we have strong competitors that possess real advantages, how can we still win the sale?
And please let me know if you have other specific topics you’d like to hear addressed.
You can find the registration page .
Latest Article: Storytelling in Demos
Stories can be one of the most effective mechanisms in demos to help your customers remember – and recommunicate – the use cases and value of your offerings.
This article explores why stories are so effective, what elements make a good story compelling, and how to use them in software demonstrations. You can find the full article on our website at .
Great Demo! Public Workshops – New Denver Session
Great Demo! Public Workshop opportunities now span the globe (well, nearly) – with sessions scheduled in Denver, Amsterdam, and in the Silicon Valley.
Registration and additional information for these sessions can be found as follows:
- August 1-2 in Denver area – click for pricing and registration information.
- September 5-6 Amsterdam Great Demo! Public Workshop – click for pricing and registration information.
- October 10-11 Silicon Valley Great Demo! Public Workshop – click for pricing and registration information.
Public Workshops are excellent opportunities for individuals, small groups or for teams that have new hires. They are 1.75-Day Workshops, with the first day focusing largely on core Great Demo! material and the second ¾ day addressing more advanced topics and techniques.
Public Master Classes bring your team’s demo and Discovery skills to a truly outstanding level of practice:
- Take your team’s demos to the next level
- Develop high-performing Questioning and Discovery skills
- Master complex situations of multiple players and solutions
- Explore more challenging situations, beyond the “core” methodology
- Reward and provide incentive for your team overall
Master Classes are typically 1.5-Days in length. Participants are expected to have completed a Great Demo! Workshop previously.
We are also offering specially constructed Great Demo! Master Classes for teams that have taken other “demo methodology” training. These Master Classes are specifically designed to harvest the “good” from the previous training and move the participants to “great”. Contact us if you are interested in learning more.
Asia-Pacific Partner – Up2Speed
We are delighted to announce that Up2Speed ( Up2Speed, headquartered in Singapore, is ready to deliver Great Demo! Workshops, Seminars and Coaching throughout the region – and in local language, in particular, in China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, as well as in English in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. ) is our authorized Great Demo! partner in Asia-Pacific.
Contact us or Tom King at Up2Speed () for more information.