In spite of guidance to the contrary, many sales people still consume 10 or 20 minutes in demo meetings delivering (inflicting) a corporate overview. Why?
- Partly because they feel it is their job to do these (it’s not);
- Partly because they think the customer is really interested in a corporate overview (we’re not);
- Partly because they haven’t learned their real role in demo meetings (see my article).
Well, here’s a novel solution: record and post a current, clean and complete corporate overview presentation on your corporate website, delivered by one of your best corporate “talking heads”. That way your company can:
- Ensure that the overview is done in a professional manner.
- Ensure that the message is consistently delivered.
- And most important, stop consuming that time in demo meetings…!