We often hear that presales folks and their sales counterparts are “out of alignment”. Two questions:
- In what ways are they out of alignment, in your experience?
- Sales offering POC’s too early or without need.
- Demos being requested without sufficient Discovery information.
- Disagreement on the amount and type of Discovery information needed.
- What tools, process steps or mandates have you implemented that is helping to address these alignment challenges?
- Requiring pre-demo preparation meetings.
- The use of (reasonably complete) Situation Slides or similar construct prior to assigning a presales resource for a demo.
- Discovery documents.
Let’s see what we can do to help close these alignment gaps…!